If your business website doesn’t convert visitors to sales, it doesn’t work. To make an online business profitable, owners should be concerned about visitors taking actions like purchasing, subscribing, or filling out a form. This article shows seven actions that can lead to a conversion rate increase.
What Is the Conversion Rate?
In online marketing, the conversion rate is the ratio of total visitors to visitors who take desired actions. For example, if your landing page receives 150 visitors per month and 15 of them complete the desired task, the conversion rate would be 15 divided by 150, or 10 percent.
Use conversion tracking in your account to measure your conversion rates. This will help guide you in your marketing and advertising strategies.
Let’s look at 7 ways to get visitors to buyers/subscribers:
1. CTA – Call To Action
- Put your CTA in a container. It is 1 of the MOST important elements for conversion. Let your visitors clearly see what action is expected from them on your webpage.
- Make sure your visitors’ clearly can identify in a matter of seconds what action is expected of them.
- Make your value clear.
- In the beginning concisely list the benefits you customer gets from your product or service
- Define advantages that distinguish you from competitors
3. Relevant Traffic
- Check the quality of your traffic. Do you have a good conversion rate.
- Don’t waste your time and budget on fake or irrelevant traffic.
4. UI/UX Design
- Design with the business goals in mind.
- Develop a responsive website that will respond well from mobile to laptop device. (Google search engines like responsive websites.)
- User Experience and User Interface (UX/UI) design that balances business’ and user goals. For example, if you visitor is looking at something particular on the site and pop-ups keep popping up the user will get frustrated and leave.
- Keeping the site features somewhat familiar like others. For example having certain navigation elements that your visitors are familiar with.
- Test, track through matrix and revise.
- Identify your target audience
- What problem can you solve? Determine sale stages your buyers go through and pick topic that would interest them. For example, if you are a health coach, tell stories about successful client coaching, their problem and how you helped them achieve success. Talk about design strategies to that makes you unique and the benefits.
- Building trust takes time and consistency
- Being honest and dependable builds loyalty. Don’t make great promises that you can’t keep.
- Being available by contact information, social media, easy to find chats
- Reviews- People really rely on reviews. Devote the time to get client feedback and testimonials to strengthen your business reputation.
- When you make any of these changes, test out before and after making any change to analyze how effective each change is for converting visitors to take specific action.
- Google Analytics is the most common tool providing measurable data to calculate the conversion rate.
- Gather data from customer surveys, interviews, user testing…
Need a new or refreshed website?
We create fast and responsive websites to attract your ideal visitors and encourage them to take action.
Contact us to go over your business needs and discover how we can help ease your burden and help your business SOAR! We’ve increased website ROI for businesses in the Charleston, SC-area and beyond. Become the next success story by contacting us.
Talk With a Web Design Expert Today
Get access to the latest web design and marketing insights (like this one) and more. Sign up below for our newsletter